Welcome to Lure!
The concept is simple:
You begin by creating an account and username.
Each night, you will create a "lineup" of songs that you think the band will play. Your "team" will score points based on the setlist the band actually plays. Your lineup must be submitted before the show starts.
Within each lineup there are "special" designations for certain songs within the show: set openers, closers and encores. There are other "special" scoring categories for the longest song "long jam" of the night, cover songs, Deep Cuts and Bust Outs.
This daily game is our basic building block of live music fantasy gaming. This game can be played for as little as one single show, or for the duration of the selected band’s tour.
The following example below is a lineup for Phish and the associated points that can be scored.
|Songs (name)||Type||Points (regular)||Points (special)|
|1||(insert song here)||Opener||3||6|
|2||(insert song here)||Opener||3||6|
|3||(insert song here)||Closer||3||6|
|4||(insert song here)||Closer||3||6|
|5||(insert song here)||Encore||3||6|
|6||(insert song here)||Cover||4.5||4.5|
|7||(insert song here)||Long Jam||3||6|
|8||(insert song here)||Deep Cut||9||9|
|9||(insert song here)||Bust Out||15||15|
|10||(insert song here)||Rotation 1||3||3|
|11||(insert song here)||Rotation 2||3||3|
|12||(insert song here)||Rotation 3||3||3|
|13||(insert song here)||Rotation 4||3||3|
|14||(insert song here)||Rotation 5||3||3|
|15||(insert song here)||Rotation 6||3||3|
|16||(insert song here)||Conviction||6||6|
Classification of Song Types:
Opener – A song that opens a particular set. Any song can be designated in this slot.
Closer – A song that closes a particular set. Any song can be designated in this slot.
Encore – All song(s) performed as an encore(s). Any song can be played in this slot.
Cover – A song performed but not originally written by the particular artist. ONLY covers can be designated in the cover slot.
Long Jam – The (1) song that has the longest duration (time) for that particular night. Any song can be designated in this slot.
Deep Cut – A song performed that has not been played by the band in 25-74 previous live shows by said band. ONLY songs that are Deep Cuts can be designated in this slot.
Bust Out – A song performed that has not been played by the band in 75 or greater previous live shows by said band. ONLY songs that are Bust Outs can be designated in this slot.
Rotation – any song performed that particular night. Any song can be designated in this slot.
Conviction – A song that you have high conviction for that particular performance.
- If the user’s song(s) are played that particular night, the user will score points of varying sizes depending on song selection and slot.
- If the user’s song(s) are not played that particular night, the user will score zero points for that song(s).
- If the users song is played that particular night, AND in the designation that the user selects (for instance if the user picks XXXX as the opener and they open the set with that song) the user will receive the special points.
- If the user selects a song in a particular category, and it is played that night but NOT in the specified category the user will receive only the regular points. For instance if the user selects XXXX as a closer and the song is played but NOT as a closer.
- You can ONLY receive either regular points OR special points, not an aggregate of both.
- The user’s point total will be tallied by Lure for that particular show, and that total will be the user’s score for that particular night.
- Tie-Breakers: Separate to the point system stated above, the user also receives specials for correctly picking a song in a non-rotation category. These specials are only used for tie-breakers, and are not added to the normal point scoring. User receives 1 special for each correct song selected in a non-rotation category. For example, if the user selects XXXX as an opener, closer, encore, cover, long jam, deep cut or bust out, the user will receive 1 special for each one correctly selected.
After the shows, Lure will calculate the scores for each participant. Daily winners will be declared. There will also be one season long winner determined by the total amount of points scored for the duration of the tour, so you are encouraged to play every show for a better shot at the title!!
As with any new game there are bound to be aspects which can be modified and improved. If you know someone who would like to play, please forward this and let them know about Lure! We will utilize your observations and feedback for our broader launch later this summer with other bands and games, including rotisserie fantasy music leagues.
Enjoy the shows!
Matt and Ryan